Your initial consultation and first session
I understand that people will be coming to see me with an issue that they want to improve. You might also be hesitant or inquisitive about your first session. This session allows us to get to know each other and for you to fully understand this amazing and natural process.
Our work will begin with a FREE initial consultation which can take up to 45-60 minutes.
I work from my room in Rushwick, Worcestershire. We can explore what you’d like to gain from hypnosis. We discuss your current situation, options and a way forward. You can take away a complimentary CD or MP3 download relaxation track o listen to at night or during the day when you take some time out of your schedule. Maybe in a lunch break…..? This helps to maximise your treatment.
Please note that your initial consultation is a really important part of your hypnotherapy treatment. It helps you to feel comfortable about hypnosis and achieving your goals – no matter how small!
Going forward – your hypnotherapy sessions
In subsequent sessions we can check in on your best hopes and review how the mind is working and further solutions that will help you to achieve your goals. The hypnotherapy works through all of this to allow your mind to be calm and focused. It’s called trance – we trance many times a day naturally.
It’s the trance part of the work that allows your mind to come up with the solution to your ‘query’.
There is also the opportunity to practice calmer breathing and for you to implement this into your daily life. Waking up in the morning feeling on top of the world is amazing and possible. How would it be to be refreshed, repaired and focused to start your day?.
Your main sessions can last between 60 to 70 minutes and you will know how many sessions you need.
A lot of my clients prefer to have between four to six sessions. It is completely dependent on how you feel and your particular circumstances.
A session generally entails the following:
- I’ll ask questions such as – what are your best hopes from coming to see me?, Check in with your preferred future and what that’d look like, look for times when the problem isn’t happening, how you’ve managed to cope before and how you stopped things getting worse. We can look at the skills, resources and strengths you have. Maybe this teaches us something good about ourselves. Those questions and more are always asked because they help you make sense of your current reality.
- I use calming language patterns, visual imagery or talk therapy. This is a bit like a story that is designed around something that you find calming such as a beach, the sea, the wind in your hair, a walk on a hill etc.
- I help you access those little bits of ‘stuckness’ in your subconscious mind that hold you back allowing you to bring about small therapeutic changes you desire.
- Focus on the here and now, look at your current situation and how you would like your preferred future to look.
- Relaxation is a by product of hypnosis – an everyday normal experience – remember the drive to work? Remember juggling 2 or 3 things at once? This is something that we don’t always remember doing but we still arrived safely at our destination. We all trance many times daily. It allows us to deal with all that life throws at us.
- It’s where the conscious mind goes off elsewhere and subconscious ‘auto pilot’ takes over. Hypnotherapy helps relax the subconscious fight flight part of the mind.
The result is:
- That you can understand how your brain works and why it works as it does.
- You can give yourself permission to make your choice about the life you see yourself leading.
- The skills you learn will empower you, raise your confidence and show you what works for you.
- You may even start to really appreciate yourself!
- Will I be clucking like a chicken? Absolutely not, this is not a TV show! Stage hypnosis is for entertainment purposes only and is quite different to clinic hypnotherapy.
- Will I lose control? Absolutely not. You are in control and decide how deep you want to go. I’m a guide on your journey. You make the changes
- How long does it take to feel the benefits? Almost immediately, most of my clients find that between four and six sessions are enough.
- How much does it cost? Initial consultation is FREE with the option to try a 10 min relaxation £25. Follow up sessions £55. We can negotiate if needs be. My aim is to help you move forward!
- Am I aware of what is going on?
Yes, we are going into the sub-conscious but you are always aware of your surroundings. You have control.
- How will it make me feel? You will feel a sense of calm so that you can learn to take the pressure off yourself and enjoy your life in the way that you want to.
- Where will the sessions take place?
Located in Rushwick, Worcestershire I have a private clinic in my house with parking on the drive.