This policy applies to information we collect about :
- Visitors to our website and
- People who register for our services and/or do business with us
Who I am and how I process your personal data
I, Melanie Harris of Rushwick Therapies, comply with my obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing (and destroying it) securely;
- by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
I use your personal data for the following purposes
- To deliver the services that clients have requested;
- To contact those clients as necessary in accordance with the services they have requested;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
N.B. In the event that the recorded data is utilised for research purposes ( I’m not into that) or my own supervision, all such data will be sufficiently anonymised to the extent that individual clients cannot be identified. Should a client indicate that their data should not be used for these purposes, I would refrain from using that data.
Individual client data will never be passed to a third party without the express consent of the respective client, always provided that such confidentiality is neither inconsistent with the therapist’s own safety or that of the client, the client’s family members or other members of the public, nor in contravention of any legal action or legal requirement.
In accordance with my need to maintain the possibility of access to client data as a result of returning clients or those who may wish to lodge a complaint in respect of my professional services to either my professional body or my insurers (i.e. in all cases perhaps after a long period of time has elapsed), I retain client data for a minimum period of 7 years. For clients under the age of 18, data will be retained until their 25th birthday.
Lawful Basis for processing client personal data
The client has given clear consent for me to process their personal data for a specific purpose. Further, the processing is necessary for both my client’s and my own legitimate interests.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Melanie Harris at Rushwick Therapies holds about you;
- The right to request that Melanie Harris at Rushwick Therapies corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Melanie Harris at Rushwick Therapies to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the Melanie Harris at Rushwick Therapies provide the data subject with her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. (See below).
The client has the right to complain to the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way Melanie Harris at Rushwick Therapies is handling their data (see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/).
Contacting Rushwick Therapies: information I collect about you
I regard my visitors’ privacy as being of the utmost importance. I collect the following personal information:
- email address
- telephone number
Any information you submit to me, either through this website or through any other means such as email, telephone or letter, will be regarded as confidential, and will not be passed to any 3rd party without your express prior permission. I gather the information to allow me to process any requests for services or orders for products you might make, provide the services or deliver the goods requested. The relevant information is then used by us to provide you with the products or service and to contact you on any matter relating to the above. Any such information will be stored and/or disposed of in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
When you contact me through any contact form on the site or using the email address:
- I will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information and to protect your details against third party access or modification – I do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with any other organisations. You should be aware though that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of your personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
- I provide you with mechanisms to amend your details as retained by me, or remove them from our database.
- I allow you to specify the level of future contact that you will receive from Nepeta Consulting and we will respect your wishes.
Accessing Your Information and updating and correcting it
You have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the relevant ICO (Information Commissioners Office) information please use our contact form
I want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to me changes, such as a change in your phone number or email address, please let me know by using our contact form. You may ask me to correct or remove inaccurate information.
By submitting your personal information to me you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. The policy is kept under review and if I change it I will post the changes to my website and give notice as appropriate so that you will become aware of the information I collect and how it is used.
This website is powered by WordPress. Any cookies that are used only to ensure proper running. They are not used for tracking purposes, just to hold site information for the duration of your browsing session.
WordPress use Google Analytics to provide statistics on website traffic – see below for the Google explanation. Rushwick Therapies does not track your activity on our website as an individual.
I do not use 3rd Party / Tracking / Advertising cookies.
If you do not know what cookies are or would like more information, this BBC article provides a simple explanation. The organisation AboutCookies.org provides further information, including how to delete cookies in your browser.
Google Analytics “small print”
I will always respect the privacy of individuals and organisations who browse my website. and leave contact details with us.
Please see tab for GDPR under prices and booking for more information.