Hypnotherapy – what’s it all about?
Want to let the stress, worries, anxiety and phobias stop? Fed up with feeling ‘stuck’ in a worry rut? Is your work/life balance out of sync? Are you in pain? Type 2 Diabetes and the emotional roller coaster?
SF Hypnotherapy is not only a tool to make wonderful changes in your life, it’s a great way to de-stress. It enables you find yourself back in control. living your life the way you want and coping better when situations are stressful.
I also use brief solution therapy which is about talking your outcomes through without trance/hypnosis. You come because you want to find a solution to your problems. We discuss your best hopes from coming and look at how you want your future to be. When you put a different filter on the way your life can look, subtle changes, for the better start to appear.
Why do I use these modalities? I believe therapy should produce results without needing to rake up the past and all the negative emotions. That can be 2-6 sessions that you invest in to help you move forward. There is so much neuroscience that backs up my work and this allows my clients to feel comfortable and safe from the beginning.
How SF hypnotherapy helped me – my story.
I ‘hit the wall ‘a couple of years ago. My confidence crashed. I was so consumed by ‘what others may think of me’ which made me anxious and unable to cope with ‘stuff’ in my life. Sleep was a dirty word – it never happened as it should to repair and renew my mind and body. I was hijacked by my subconscious mind and it wasn’t pleasant.
Someone suggested SF hypnotherapy – yeh right? I was sceptical but, as a last resort, tried it.
It was a Eureka moment. This type of hypnotherapy helped me back into the positive person I’d previously been. I haven’t looked back since. I run my life as I want it rather than my thoughts directing my life. If I can do it you can too.
SF hypnotherapy is safe, natural and deeply relaxing. It’s the deeply relaxed bit that allows little changes to happen in your subconscious mind. It showed me my strengths and skills I’d buried in my ‘busy life/work schedule’ Know what I mean? I was amazed by it and got myself back on track.
- Totally aware of what’s going on at all times
- In complete control.
- Able to choose how you want to feel and respond in different situations knowing you can make that choice you want.
How I help you:
- I use relaxing language patterns, visual imagery or talk therapy.
- I help you access those little bits of ‘stuckness’ in your subconscious mind that hold you back allowing you to bring about small therapeutic changes you desire.
- Focus on the here and now, look at your current situation and how you would like your preferred future to look
- Relaxation is called trance – an everyday normal experience – remember the drive to work? Remember juggling 2 or 3 things at once? We all trance many times daily. It allows us to deal with all that life throws at us.
- Hypnotherapy helps relax the subconscious fight flight part of the mind. When that happens the subtle positive changes take place.
The result is:
- You can understand how your brain works and how anxiety is created and what you can do about it.
- You can give yourself permission to make your choice about the life you see yourself leading.
- The skills you learn will empower you, raise your confidence & show you what works for you.
- You may even start to really appreciate yourself!
All the answers lie within YOU. You’ll be amazed – as I was – about what you can do and what your mind can do. The two are inseparable and they need a little help.
What happens in a session?
Together we go through an initial consultation which lasts approx. 45 mins. There is an option to try some relaxation, if appropriate. We look at:
- What would you like to achieve, your best hopes?
- You have the time and space to choose your way forward.
- The best bit (I think) is the hypnosis itself. Simply allowing your body and mind to relax and refresh, refocus and reset. Get off the hamster wheel.
- There is a cd or MP3 download relaxation to listen to at night. It’s your choice but it helps maximise your treatments.
- Some clients like to talk without the use of hypnosis – that’s the brief choice.
- If possible please do let your GP know you are having hypnotherapy.
In subsequent sessions you can tell me what’s been better or what’s working for you since we last met. Recap on how the mind works and look at the solutions you want. The last part is the actual hypnosis which allows your mind to be calm and focused.
You may simply decide to work through your desired outcomes by writing them down or making a venn diagram, colouring – I have lots of paper! Generally if you talk the outcomes through and write them down they ‘stick’ better. For example you may want to have a conversation with someone. We can go through that – bit like role play. I also use visualisation and muscle relaxation techniques.
Each session lasts for approx. 60 mins. You will know how many you need. Generally it will be 4-6 sessions more or less. Phobias usually take 3 sessions.
No gimmicks, no TV sensationalism. By relaxing the mind you are able to reduce your anxieties and mithering. Ultimately you have control of your thoughts. Yes, you do. If Ican do it so can you!
Please note that I also offer hypnoreflexology. This is a wonderful blend of hypnotherapy and reflexology.
I run my hypnotherapy sessions in Rushwick, a small village near Worcester, Worcestershire.